Professional cleaning of your tile and natural stone surfaces is important when it comes to maintaining their quality. Chem Dry of Tennessee offers tile, stone and grout cleaning services in Gallatin – something you should invest in to prolong the look and life of your tile and natural stone surfaces.
Tile and natural stone surfaces are an investment that will bring a sense of quality and refinement to any establishment. These surfaces need to be cared for correctly in order to keep them in their best shape. It is important that you know the correct way to clean your tile and natural stone surfaces yourself in order to maintain them between professional cleanings.
7 tips for tile and natural stone cleaning
- Dry/dust mop. Sand, dust and grit can scratch and damage your tile and stone surfaces- it is important to use a clean, soft and non-treated dry mop on a regular basis. Having mats or rugs at your entrances will help to prevent dirt from getting onto your floors.
- Sweeping. Sweeping your floors works just as well when it comes to removing abrasive sand and dirt, but be sure the bristles are soft so as not to risk scratching or marring the surface of your tiles.
- Vacuum. It is a good idea to vacuum your tile and stone floors- particularly if they are textured- to remove excess dirt. Just ensure that your vacuum cleaner is not old or worn as the wheels or any scraping plastic and metal could scratch the surface.
- Clean spills immediately. Any spills on your tile or natural stone surfaces must be cleaned immediately to avoid staining. All surfaces have a different level of porosity and liquids- especially those with high acidity such as citrus juice or alcohol could leave a permanent stain.
- Wet mop. Wet mopping your floors on a regular basis will help maintain their beauty. Use rayon or cloth mops for the best result and make sure you change your rinse water often.
- Use correct cleaning products. Try to stay away from detergents as often they contain ammonia or are high in acidity and this can dull the appearance of your tile and stone. Most hardware stores sell Stone Soap which is specially formulated for tile and natural stone surfaces.
- Make sure your surfaces are dry. After cleaning, ensure you dry your surfaces properly with a soft cloth as excess water can also stain. Sealing your tiles and stone surfaces will help with this- contact a professional in Gallatin to help you with this.
Need help with your tile, stone and grout cleaning in Gallatin? Contact Chem Dry of Tennessee today!